6 posts • joined 24 Oct 2011
ASUS Phone - Sprint
Dell is not a tier 1 player. HDS, IBM, EMC are the three tier 1 platforms.
Ive been waiting for this. Why have a phone when i have a tablet. Why have a tablet when i have a smart phone. Why have a laptop when i have a.....you get the idea. Hopefully rev 2 will have a small compartment for credit cards and ID's.
Force sensitive shoes!!!!!! When is the iLightsaber getting patented?!?!?!?!
Buying from the lowest bidder
EMC makes a good product, or compilation of products put together and repackaged into a good product. That being said, I definitely would not tout a 99.8% uptime without offisite replication and RPO/RTO clearly defined. Also, it looks like a true local D2D was not involved, other than some simple COW snapshots which only solve a few problems at best.
Stepping back though, this article writes a pretty good story. EMC probably undercut everyone on price, cut out the D2D and replication portion of the solution, and somebody chose to "save money" instead of buying the right solution. Case closed.
do it right the first time
With a written retention policy, and a simple email archive solution, you will use less storage than you ever have. To top it all off, your email databases will work and backup faster with this setup.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR