5 posts • joined 24 Oct 2011
Dell is not a tier 1 player. HDS, IBM, EMC are the three tier 1 platforms.
Ive been waiting for this. Why have a phone when i have a tablet. Why have a tablet when i have a smart phone. Why have a laptop when i have a.....you get the idea. Hopefully rev 2 will have a small compartment for credit cards and ID's.
Force sensitive shoes!!!!!! When is the iLightsaber getting patented?!?!?!?!
Buying from the lowest bidder
EMC makes a good product, or compilation of products put together and repackaged into a good product. That being said, I definitely would not tout a 99.8% uptime without offisite replication and RPO/RTO clearly defined. Also, it looks like a true local D2D was not involved, other than some simple COW snapshots which only solve a few problems at best.
Stepping back though, this article writes a pretty good story. EMC probably undercut everyone on price, cut out the D2D and replication portion of the solution, and somebody chose to "save money" instead of buying the right solution. Case closed.
do it right the first time
With a written retention policy, and a simple email archive solution, you will use less storage than you ever have. To top it all off, your email databases will work and backup faster with this setup.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats