2 posts • joined 24 Oct 2011
16:10 screens rule
I agree too on 16:10. 16:9 is only any use for watching the output of the film studios. And even then it doesn't matter if you've got a 16:10 screen showing a black bar at top and bottom whilst you watch a film does it? Because the reverse - using a movie-resolution 16:9 screen for actual computing just doesn't work - I can't display my extra vertical lines on parts of the screen that don't exist...
As an aside, my old 1920x1200 resolution laptop needs replacing, and I can't find any for sale at all. There's a few 1920x1080 (16:9) around, but I really need the missing 10% vertical resolution. Can anyone tell me of any? Apart from whatever Mac it is that currently has such a screen as I'm just not a mactard.
errrm , how many times subscribers are actually sky subscribers who got the times thing bundled in and don't really want it and may not even use it?
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp