2 posts • joined 21 Oct 2011
Considering you can buy the S3 for around £400 from reputable dealers online, and that the upcoming Nexus 4 has better specs than this for £279, I think I may ignore this one...
Bluetooth 4.0 is not the revolutionary hardware update that Apple may have you think. The truth is that most chips from 2.1 onwards are capable of of Low Energy or BLE as it's known in the industry. The change is simply firmware.
The power output is identical to 'standard' bluetooth, as the hardware is the same. This is also easily configurable, anywhere from -30dBm to +10dBm. Range has more to do with a decent antenna design to make sure the power is transmitted effectively, but just as importantly to make sure the receiver can listen.
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' site Ello: There's a REASON we're still in beta. SPAMMERS!
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods