2 posts • joined 21 Oct 2011
Considering you can buy the S3 for around £400 from reputable dealers online, and that the upcoming Nexus 4 has better specs than this for £279, I think I may ignore this one...
Bluetooth 4.0 is not the revolutionary hardware update that Apple may have you think. The truth is that most chips from 2.1 onwards are capable of of Low Energy or BLE as it's known in the industry. The change is simply firmware.
The power output is identical to 'standard' bluetooth, as the hardware is the same. This is also easily configurable, anywhere from -30dBm to +10dBm. Range has more to do with a decent antenna design to make sure the power is transmitted effectively, but just as importantly to make sure the receiver can listen.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM