4 posts • joined Wednesday 19th October 2011 12:04 GMT
A foolish decision by Microsoft to force metro upon all users, desktop as well as tablet. It's one which will likely backfire in spectacular fashion upon them. I can see the taglines and twitter posts now: "You can't spell METRO without ME".
My own favourite set of amazon reviews has to be for this product:
@ Anonymous Coward
Unfortunately Sony's efforts in FED were an early casualty of the credit crunch when 'Field Emission Technologies' (FET), the FED joint venture that Sony was a major shareholder in, was closed down due to an inability to raise capital. Sony sold all it's patents and other FED assets to AU Optronics early last year.
Bradley makes a good point about the problems of relying on anecdotal evidence about a brand. There was, however, a survey done a few years back that found Acer laptops to have a high failure compared with other brands. HP, unsurprisingly, came out worst.
The pdf came be found here:
Electronista article summarising and discussing the results:
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad