1 post • joined 12 Oct 2011
(I'm in England) iTunes said under help>check for updates at around 1AM that 10.5 was available. however, on clicking download, nothing happened. Apple software update told me nothing was available. so, i connected to a US VPN and apple software update then said it was available, so i updated it (understanding that this could cause regional problems). At first, only books and apps would show (just like before) in previous purchases. then, music finally appeared. however, it failed at re-obtaining any of my music. when i returned home this evening, i ran the itunes installer and selected 'repair'. then, previous music purchases would download (not sure if the repairing fixed it or it was just an apple issue early on). As others have said, TV shows still not showing in the UK. This is a real pain, and I really do hope that TV shows are 'allowed' (what, do Apple have some dodgy deals with networks detailing how shows can be distributed??) in the UK very soon :/ (I had to delete seasons worth of TV shows from my iPod before syncing to clear space a few years back)
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?