1 post • joined 8 Oct 2011
I have a "Dual" brand freeview PVR that cost me £80 from Asda 5 years ago.
It has a full-width program guide with NO ADVERTS and a handy vertical red bar that tells me at a glance what is just about to start/finish, plus a thumbnail description of the program I am flicking past.
SONY/PANASONIC et al - pay attention to this.
I am ready to buy a freeview HD recorder.
I want it to be at least as slick as the Turkish PVR that sits under my Japanese telly.
I haven't bought a Radio Times in 25 years.The obtrusive ad on the left-hand third of my screen is not *ever* going to coax me to change my mind!
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes