1 post • joined 8 Oct 2011
I have a "Dual" brand freeview PVR that cost me £80 from Asda 5 years ago.
It has a full-width program guide with NO ADVERTS and a handy vertical red bar that tells me at a glance what is just about to start/finish, plus a thumbnail description of the program I am flicking past.
SONY/PANASONIC et al - pay attention to this.
I am ready to buy a freeview HD recorder.
I want it to be at least as slick as the Turkish PVR that sits under my Japanese telly.
I haven't bought a Radio Times in 25 years.The obtrusive ad on the left-hand third of my screen is not *ever* going to coax me to change my mind!
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE