1970 posts • joined 4 Oct 2011
The freedom to protest and the freedom of speech to express their view here in the UK, remember that.
Yet they want to curtail it!
Win7 will inform you that an important update needs to be installed.
When you reboot you'll see the Win8 tiles and a note to say that Microsoft will dispatch the invoice within 7 days.
You'll want to revert back to what you had before but you can't.
It's,all in the small print, page 106, you did after all tick the I Agree box.
A readily available excuse
To get out quick, Santander don't have the cash anymore, have you seen what's happening in Spain, change accounts quick because no matter what people say, the Spanish are in for a crash.
Remember all those promises of free banking for life if you changed to Santander?
They changed the rules.
Incompatible software, now that is lame.
Had a Seimens phone
In 1999, but swapped it for. Nokia 8210. Never regretted it.
Too slippery to catch out
Simple, those responsible should lose their jobs, sadly by the time theymgetnroundmto this they have moved on, left to go to another similar job on the old boys network.
They also usually leave with a large payoff, pension rights and other bonuses then move straight into the samemjobnwith a different authority.
They are so slippery it is also difficult to point the finger of blame at them, they are clever enough to delegate and then absolve themselves of any responsibility.
The solution would be to put in place an insurance clause in their contract that states the pension, bonus payouts, severance payments can all be reclaimed should any detrimental scandal or wrong doing take place for up to 10 years after they have gone.
Bling bling bling
The design is made to dazzle you into buying a mediocre product.
So much for
So much for 'but everyone wants a large screen' philosophy.
Microsoft disappointed that numbers of Win8 pirate copies are down 95% compared to XP, Vista and Win7.
An insider reported that while Microsoft publicly claim that the reason behind this are the anti piracy and security measures built in to the program, the truth is somewhat different.
There are concerns from on high that they have got it wrong, that the release will fail and that the lack of piracy interest is down to the unpopularity of Win8.
The Americans haven't grabbed him off the street, put a needle in his ar*e, stuck him in a crate and mailed him to the US.
He wants to save his money, because no amount of trying in court will change the minds of the US legal system.
They want him and if it takes 50 years they will pobably get him.
Time to bring the manufacturing and jobs back then.
Re: Automatic recognition and targetting?
If you are innocent you have nothing to fear.
What's that nois............
Phone manufacturers have one chance to impress
I've owned the Hero, Desire and Sensation.
It was the Sensation that turned me away, phone manufacturers only get one chance to impress and if you feel the phone is a dud or customer services are crap then you won't go back.
This happened to me with Ericsson, Sony and Nokia after the N96.
Re: You think it's gone - but it isn't
All businesses are required to keep documentation for six years, what's new? It's just that when you think about it, how many inane emails from this person and that you will have to store.
Buy shares in data storage now!
A most obvious comment
Of course the outcome was predetermined, it is called protectionism. Looking after your own interests.
To normal thinking people the video is ridiculous, a Life of Brian spoof but to these uneducated masses stirred up by people with an agenda against the West it has become a matter of life and death. Most of the protesters don't even have access to the web.
When you consider how enlightened Islam once was and then it's decent into Medievalism it just beggars belief. The extremists put their own twist and interpretation onto the Koran and call themselves Scholars, which in itself is an insult to education. Opinions are not allowed if they in anyway conflict with the extreme views.
The banning of access is not just about religion, it is more than that, it is about control and power.
Thankfully the West is more enlightened and we have come a long way since the Salem Witch Trials and the Inquisition and the fight against Heretics in the 12 Century.
Send them all to the UK, our Government likes to sell things off to foreign owned firms. In fact I don't even thing we own anything anymore.
Call him a prat, post is picture in the papers with the caption prat, point him out in the street and call him prat. Make him feel like a prat.
But jail him? No, however obnoxious rude or stupid that is his prerogative.
There you have it, a more than 30% chance of crap each time you search, the other 70% of results are what Google and Bing want you to see, not what you are searching for.
Google and Bing do it legally though. Or do they?
As most phones are made in China, what's the chance of your phone spying on you?
Ans: they all do, google does, bing does, amazon does Microsoft does...
Somewhat is the difference?
It is an anomalous judgement, unless of course the Judge has something up his sleeve?
Maybe he thinks resellers should pay a taxation fee to sell second hand goods.
Not only will this have an effect on EBay, but Amazon will be stuffed too.
It would be impossible to differentiate between someone selling on a second hand item and someone reselling the item from a profit point of view.
They only offer it
To those they know everything about!
Even comes with a built in cookie.
THIS WILL ADD TO....
This will add to global warming with all the hot air that will get spewed out!
I'd love those odds
On a ticket for the national lottery!
To ripping a CD and then selling the disc on is it.
They should not be able to assume everyone will sell on the digital music and also keep a copy.
If we are no alone
Should we be advertising to fact to the universe, to some alien life that would consider slurping a human brain as a delicacy, that we are here.
Maybe we should stay quiet and let them pass by?
I'd sack the people who should have known what was going on but didn't!
Probably, it will be as successful as Apple Maps?
There's a lot of last minute shifting about!
Re: Grumpy old codgers: dare I bring up.....
Say nooooooo more.
OS launch and practical handset launch two separate issues.
Operating system launch October 29th.
Mobile phones will be in the shops second quarter 2013.
Have looked at him in a funny way!
Notwithstanding this is about Piratebay
It shows just how vulnerable data held in the cloud is if a Government decides it doesn't like the administration of a server.
People in power
People in power want to keep the power they have at all costs and to do that they have to destroy any detrimental information what ever the cost. The father of modern Turkey, Attaturk wanted a secular country where all people were equal. He would be turning in his grave if he could see what was happening.
Thank god I live in a democracy, I think.
Was the reviewer paid by Samsung to say so many nice thing?
It goes against other reviews that state while it is good, it is not great, there is flex, there is stuttering and there is a general lack of polish and smoothness of the operating system.
I've used one and I have to say that even with the power it fails because it has a jerky response. The Touch Wiz needs to go and then JB can be properly optimised for the device.
He is really not that good is he........
The good old boys won't like this fraternisation.
Smug but true.
Apple maps to be replaced by Google Maps perhaps.
I can tell you that here in the UK they say nothing, and yes we have the same rights under EU Law as we do under UK Law.
WHAT the hell does "less crowded vertical industries" mean.
If they spoke in plain English they might be better at what they do.
Lets run it up the flag pole and see which way the wind blows!
Are they still in business?
Who is mad enough to invest in them
There's so much hate about.
This would only be happening with Government approval.
Once bureaucrats get involved three things will definately happen,
1. It will take 20 years before they can agree on a standard.
2. It will cost more than the entire GDP of Greece.
3. They will line their pockets with tax payers money and call it expenses.
Re: NZ police
That apology must hurt like hell!
TWO STICKERS PLEASE
With arrows on them!
Are they paid for or free downloads, I'd like to know the split.
Talking of Tax Rebates
I had a rebate, £7.46 then a week later a demand for £6.01 arrived due to an underpayment of tax.
There was also the threat of legal action if I failed to pay.
Win some lose some.
Isn't that the song
That used to be played when a guy got dumped by his girlfriend.
Maybe it's actually apt.
Re: I bought Samsung over Apple
No you didn't you fibber you!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft