1 post • joined 29 Sep 2011
Are “Flatter” Networks Simply Rearranging the Deck Chairs?
Timothy, great article. You really hone in on the fundamental problem in data center networking today. The entire model is broken and it’s all too often glossed over because of how much the large incumbents have riding on it. The problem has been masked with solutions that continue making the infrastructure more and more complex and less responsive to current application needs. More protocols and abstractions don’t fix the problem; they just put off the real pain for another day. Until we start with a clean slate and understand that we can't build sensible networks in an OSI stack vacuum, we're just re-arranging the proverbial deck chairs. Here’s my take: http://www.plexxi.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42:flatter-networks-&catid=14:blog&Itemid=27
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests