12 posts • joined Tuesday 27th September 2011 12:02 GMT
Re: Payday loan and betting, eh ?
Assuming the LOS distance is roughly 10km, at ~6GHz you would expect to see about 1dB of loss due to rain fade. Added to that other losses and multipath effects, and your link could go down completely in weather which is probably not untypical where you live.
The mind boggles why people bend over and take this crap. Grow a pair and walk. If you have the right skills there's a market for you elsewhere.
I don't see why the plane doesn't just fly in a straight line across the Atlantic, thus avoiding US airspace.
In other news...
Pot calls kettle black
Ah, this takes me back to the days of programming on an Amstrad CPC464. I remember a program listing in a mag which was quasi-machine code in the form DATA "12,12,133,332,244 etc etc" line after line after line. It was a feckin nightmare to type in but luckily it had built-in parity checking.
The result? Random music in the form/structure of Mozart, it was amazing at the time. Anyone have a copy of this code?
Or for a better and cheaper solution....
1. Buy a O2 Joggler - about £50
2. Put Squeezebox on it
3. Plug into any stereo / amp with phono inputs. You can even plug in a USB sound card to give you optical out.
4. Enjoy IPlayer, your own music, Internet radio streams, and all wireless.
Far better value than Sonos kit IMO.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support