14 posts • joined 27 Sep 2011
Re: ISIS Security
Apparently she's only got another two days until the meeting with the Grim Reaper:
1,200 facebook friends? Who is she, the Queen of fucking England?
Re: Payday loan and betting, eh ?
Assuming the LOS distance is roughly 10km, at ~6GHz you would expect to see about 1dB of loss due to rain fade. Added to that other losses and multipath effects, and your link could go down completely in weather which is probably not untypical where you live.
The mind boggles why people bend over and take this crap. Grow a pair and walk. If you have the right skills there's a market for you elsewhere.
I don't see why the plane doesn't just fly in a straight line across the Atlantic, thus avoiding US airspace.
In other news...
Pot calls kettle black
Always with the magnets....
Re: Apple, it's your move
I-can't stand the mispelling of iPad
Isn't this very old news?
IIRC they were doing "moon bounce" tests back in the 50s to a provide satellite communications relay path.
Ah, this takes me back to the days of programming on an Amstrad CPC464. I remember a program listing in a mag which was quasi-machine code in the form DATA "12,12,133,332,244 etc etc" line after line after line. It was a feckin nightmare to type in but luckily it had built-in parity checking.
The result? Random music in the form/structure of Mozart, it was amazing at the time. Anyone have a copy of this code?
Don't forget the best arcade conversion...
....that being the PC Engine version (Super CD ROM only)
Or for a better and cheaper solution....
1. Buy a O2 Joggler - about £50
2. Put Squeezebox on it
3. Plug into any stereo / amp with phono inputs. You can even plug in a USB sound card to give you optical out.
4. Enjoy IPlayer, your own music, Internet radio streams, and all wireless.
Far better value than Sonos kit IMO.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!