Re: why trust a third party?
"What's wrong with using a Libre Office spreadsheet protected (AES encrypted) using a sentence (upper case lower case and symbols) that one memorises? Locally stored and backed up on changes (multiple back ups), and also uploaded to a private FTP server again protected by a strong password?
Perhaps I am missing something? Please enlighten me."
1. All your passwords are visible on screen (depending on the screen size), easy work for a trojan.
2. Copy paste does not clear itself
3. no validation of password complexity
4. no way to securely share info via a central server
5. no version control
6. does windows still index the text of open files I can't remember - could have sworn I found the contents of an encrypted word doc from search some time back.
7. I'm sure there is more but I don't want to spend more than a minute thinking about it and you got upvotes so I'm probably trying to convince the wrong people.