5 posts • joined 23 Sep 2011
what's the issue? Could anyone be harmed by this?
Cyber Supplier to HMG‟ badge which companies that supply cyber products and services to Government - Probably more important that Public Sector start taking security seriously first - look at the outcry from the adoption of PSN standards from Local Government when these are based on normal Commercial practices.
As the redundancies were made after the close of the last quarter end, I would suggest that it might be a good idea to see how the next quarter's performance stands up.
It would make sense to have one network covering 98% of the land mass with high capacity and then sell capacity to operators to market. Why have four or five operators each providing a poor coverage/bandwidth?
The real issue
Copper theft sounds like a couple of scallywags clipping a couple of cables - almost in a Robin Hood way.
The truth is different. Ask the telecom engineers who have to don bulletproof suits and climb towers because scum wait to take pot shots at them as they climb the towers? Ask the security teams that were swamped by armed gangs of over 100 people every night in South Manchester last month and threatened and attacked so the thugs could send an unwilling 'volunteer' to the top of a live electricity pylon in pitch black to cut fibre optic cables every night?
UK is becoming more like regions of Africa where the telecom companies have stopped providing services to some areas as there is no law and order to protect and no respect for property or the Country.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...