3 posts • joined 21 Sep 2011
4 miles from Leeds and 700k it was 1mb but recently has gone down. Why cant the universal service obligation be extended to say 5mb as bt don't care if there is no cable competition
so rather than fix the problem by for instance altering openreach's universal service obligation to include say 2mb minimum broadband with penalties if they dont they redifine the problem well done and they wonder why nobody trusts politicians
Its really annoying having slow adsl moved into a new house not far from the centre of leeds and i get 400k or so, When ordered they said i should get 1-3mb not great but usable. Best of it is ive since got a mifi dongle and that gets 4-5mb but im stuck paying by for a crap service. (to prempt anyone only things in the phone line are a filtered faceplate a phone and the bt supplied router. The main problem is the huge signal noise on the line but as its above the 256k min they have to provide im stuck shelling out for 18 months)
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests