3 posts • joined 14 Sep 2011
XenApp users: Don't feel left out?
Why, because we get next to nothing? Why would we feel left out? Our product still isnt supported on server 2012 and we've now got a bastardised web interface to use. Oh, but we can share out opengl apps now! Huzzah! Citrix Receiver so easy to install users can do it themselves! Never mind that it used to be able to update *itself* back in the PSx days. But you can do it clientless now! Yeah great, you could before with the Java client which ran automatically.
The old trick of put something in, take it out in the next release, then put a crappy version back in on the next release again. It still feels like they're in the process of changing everything around but not letting us in on the big picture of where everything is supposed to sit. Come on Citrix, I'm getting fed up of this now..
About damn time
We were looking to purchase 3PAR, but they couldn't tell us anything about future products, I.E. what they were going to do about the fact FC disks are stopping production shortly. Even with an NDA! Bought from another vendor in the end :(
It's a shame because I still think the 3PAR premise is awesome, way better than the system we bought in the end.
If even half of that comes true, Server8 will be an awesome release!
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen