5 posts • joined 8 Sep 2011
3.5mm jack connector on the rear?
I thought Apple had removed the option to output analogue audio with the lightning connector and the attached device had to do the DAC itself?
Even if the VDI licensing was the only thing that MS take seriously from above, that will be a step in the right direction.
Also the gap between educational and corporate pricing is rediculous.
I recently priced up the upgrade from my 2005 SQL server to 2012. Oh. My God.
And after speaking to no less than 3 microsoft licensing 'experts' did they finally agree on a price that I should pay. I then asked a friend of mine who works in educatin to get a quote based on the same config. Thousands of $ difference for exactly the same product.
I'm currently spending that money on getting my DBs and applications that use them moved over to openSQL for a dev cost that's less than half the price of the upgrade
How do I get my connection?
I run a business in rural Lincolnshire, with no ADSL service.
We have to manage on satellite.
Expensive and mega-high latency.
Just done a check on http://www.onlincolnshire.org/my-area
What speed will I get?
Based on County Council projections, the 1743 premises in NG32 2A should receive the following speeds:
- 22% of Premises will get Basic Broadband.
- 78% of Premises will get Superfast Broadband.
When will Superfast Broadband be available for my area?
Your area is in Phase 8, so improved broadband should be available between January 2016 and March 2016
Ok... so what is 'basic' broadband and what is 'superfast'??
There are literally NO street cabinets from my local exchange, all groundboxes, so does that mean I get FTTP??
Take a direct hit can it?
Assuming you shoot it from the back.... the front is a little exposed
What about Google+ ?
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display