Apple have lost the plot
As a developer and an end user I think Apple has a number of things fundamentally wrong in its development and release methodology:
1. Releasing sub-alpha quality versions of iOS to developers and calling them beta.
2. Releasing sub-beta versions to end users and pretending they're finished and polished.
3. Having scant regard for binary or source backwards compatibility.
4. Pushing full updates to devices disregarding whether users want them or their data costs.
5. Assuming everybody has a superfast broadband or 4G wireless connection.
6. Being pre-occupied with silly new features nobody is interested in and calling them awesome.
Presumably 1 and 2 are their idea of agile development. 3 causes many developers to have to waste 2 or 3 months every year fiddling with the internals of their apps just to stand still. 4 and 5 shows how out of touch they are with people in the real world with < 4Mbps broadband and 2G telephony only outside their house or office and only under particular weather conditions.
Maybe they need a new head of software engineering, with experience of the world outside of Cupertino.