1 post • joined 2 Sep 2011
ermmm, not so fast
As the quote is "it’s fastest model yet" the addition of the apostrophe, and subsequent contraction, can actually be read as "it is fastest model yet". It could be construed that it is either the fastest Arc, fastest Xperia, fastest Sony or fastest Android.
"its fastest" would certainly mean the adjective is applied to the object of the sentence.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide