2 posts • joined 31 Aug 2011
Dammit, I'm jealous. I work out in the suburbs and haven't ready access to a Maplins or any similar retailer. Generally 'lunchtime' is spent carrying out virtual nerd window shopping – nowhere near as instantly gratifying as hitting the old bricks and mortar shops.
Ah yes. I remember the days. And nights. And days...
How much of my life did I sink into this game? Probably more than I did playing Doom, Doom2 and Descent combined.
Undemanding hardware requirements and a small footprint meant that I could play this (almost) anywhere. I'd start a game on a Saturday afternoon and still be playing the same game on Sunday morning. Just one more turn...
I still dig it out from time to time and it still sucks me in.
I was never a big fan of Civ 2 (hey, lets do multi media!). I loved Civ 3 and 4 though and had many sleepless nights playing Alpha Centauri. Haven't bought Civ 5 (don't like the rule changes).
A true classic.
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware
- Ice, ice maybe: Evidence of 'Grand Canyon' glacier FOUND ON MARS