38 posts • joined Thursday 14th June 2007 11:19 GMT
A lone tumbleweed blows across the Interwebs
Is this in any way related to the delays in rolling out high-speed broadband across the UK???
Perhaps they think this will mean we can all go back to using 56k modems...
...sue her for my "pain and suffering" caused by reading about her stupidity?
Good work - also reminds me of
the blackcurrant tango ad from a few years ago.
Will actually lose money
I'm originally from the channel islands and have many friends who work in industries based on LVCR.
Yes it is a loophole but the main problem is that they are ONLY applying this restriction to the channel islands - almost borderline racism and also quite stupid -> the companies will just move their operations to other countries e.g. Hong Kong or Switzerland and continue to exploit the loophole but now from places that DON'T put buy from UK suppliers - don't forget 95% of the islands' internally consumed imports come from the UK - i imagine it is the other way round with Hong Kong!
oh dear.... oh dear....
I'm using this nice piece of freeware
to make my win7 box look like win2k so I can actually get work done efficiently - let's hope they can create something similar for win8
So a Nimitz carrier is cheaper than the new UK ones?!
Our new carriers are supposed to come in at £7b for the the pair (and may rise) - $6.2b = £3.9b, so why the hell didn't we just buy a pair of far more capable (toilet aside) Nimitzes?!
Here you go - viliv n5
8 hour batter life, runs windows 7, fits in your pocket reasonably well
I reading this page on one now
"Windows 8 will retain the - optional - ability to perform a full cold boot, loading and initialising the drivers and services from storage."
What's the odds that Windows Update will require a cold boot after every time it runs?
" the plane will surely be sold in large numbers"
surely that means you have far more chance of running up against an enemy with identical planes!
which even Wikipedia lists as " widely regarded as a hoax" - oh look, what are those pretty black helicopters doing outside? Aaaaargh.....
didn't holding back on the upgrade from Polaris to Trident costs huge amount of money in the end because the Yanks had moved on and they had to reopen all plants and assembly lines to support Polaris for us?? would be silly to make the same mistake twice
for a story about siphoning??
Slow day at work guys?
So Why no Java?
none of his arguments against Flash would seem to apply to Java... which is ALSO banned, surely they're just worried about revenue loss from apps running on Flash/Java so bypassing their app store?
Very Interesting Article!
2 points always interest me about FOSS though...
1. what percentage of programmers contributing in their spare time have full time paid jobs in firms selling proprietary/closed software? i.e. if all software became FOSS tomorrow would the economic model be self-sustaining?
2. there now seems to be a large degree of awareness in the business community about "free software" HOWEVER this has the trickle down effect that they then translate this to mean support and other professional time based fee should be on a lower rate than for traditional systems! i.e. the rather illogical "this software is free, why are you charging me to put it on my computer argument?"
best way to clear his name...
simply ship him to Iraq and place him in the middle of a mine field with one of his "detectors" and place his big pile of money on the perimeter...
netbook linux is bad enough
isn't a fact that a large proportion of people in the US who have bought one of the cheaper netbooks with Linux on have subsequently returned them as they didn't realise they can't run their windows software??
In which case what will happen when they try and run ANYTHING other than the web browser on this new Chrome OS?????
all well and good.... but following the link are you telling me I was constantly extracting the fiddly aeriel on my Motorola in the early 90's all those times FOR NO REASON WHATSOVER??!!
- Pic Suffering SPITZER! Boffins discover Milky Way's MISSING ARMS
- Tube be or not tube be: Apple’s CYLINDRICAL Mac Pro is out tomorrow
- Google: Surge in pressure from govts to DELETE CHUNKS of the web
- Oi, bank manager. Only you've got my email address - where're these TROJANS coming from?
- Review Gran Turismo 6: Another glossy, gorgeous Mario Kart on steroids