7 posts • joined 24 Aug 2011
Innmy experience the CS students are exactly the ones that will respond poorly.
The article misses a key point of where digital audio can go wrong, compressed or uncompressed: the DAC. The conversion stages and analogue audio stages in most PCs and phones are crap.
It'd be good to see a test of accuracy of a mobo DAC vs a few external hi-fi DACs. Admittedly, most of the ones I've tried are laptop ones, but with them it's not been noise, just the lifeless sound from them.
Trouble is, the DACs on your Asus will suck, badly, like most PC audio DACs.
VLC Media Player
VLC Media player. Plays alnost anything that you chuck at it.
"Makes you look like a shallow dick" would be more accurate.
DSG is fantastic: convenience of an auto, almost the economy & performance of the manual. In town it's fantastic, and there's enough control to still make the B roads fun.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL