3 posts • joined 22 Aug 2011
Odd one out
I, for one really enjoy using Windows 8 except for the intrusive "metro". At work, on a touch screen all-in-one pc it makes sense and functions well, on my laptop its more annoying and ruins it, as previously mentioned I am hoping that microsoft in their next Service Pack of windows 8 enable users to disable "metro" on machines without touch screen.
Definately maybe. With the rise of tablets rising as the choice for mobile computing laptops will have to do something special. For one they must either improve the mouse pad to allow various customizable multi-touch gestures, have better instant on from standby and better battery life or become more of a hybrid laptop/tablet like the Asus transformer which i absolutely love.
I hope they slash the price again. Several shops still have stock but at full price. GO ON HP GIVE US ANOTHER CHANCE
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media
- Microsoft refuses to confirm 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- The Register to boldly go where no Vulture has gone before: The WEEKEND