8 posts • joined Monday 22nd August 2011 15:08 GMT
Occam's growing a beard...
Readers are advised to check the Wikipedia entry on the Journal of Cosmology immediately after reading this piece.
Re: Where did folks hear of him?
Must be a generational thing. In the 70's and 80's, James Martin was inescapable - a visionary rock star in the computing industry. He charged huge sums for this futurist "training", and businesses cheerfully paid.
This is going to make GPU coprocessing useful in many instances where it isn't now.
48GB L3 cache, really?
"L3 embedded DRAM cache is now 48GB, double that of the z11". Is that a typo?
Re Bootnote: "My Wedding Video"
Here's the pitch: Daniel Radcliffe as the Groom, Emma Watson as the Bride, Rupert Grint as Best Man, Directed by Ben Stiller from a Shaylaman script. Oh yeah, Hugh Grant as the Priest with Alan Rickman as the Rabbi.
where the "<-" is meant as APL's left-pointing arrow (inexpressible in plain text but readily carved into granite) signifying the assignment operator. With no name to the left, the operator simply absorbs the value of Stob into the bit bucket. This is useful because to speak a name in APL, a la
is to summon its value to be displayed on the output stream, even if said value is an array with 93 dimensions and 111 levels of nesting and requires more than available memory to format.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court