3 posts • joined 18 Aug 2011
"- Take pictures and videos."
I made no assumption, as neither the app description or screenshots gave any hint of this.
However, BerniS' comment above does mention submitting images - so okay :)
"- Mount and unmount filesystems."
No, the "modify/delete SD card contents" permission it also requires gives access to the SD card - this one shouldn't be necessary, I think it's only used for mounting the SD card as USB mass storage when connected to a PC - this along with the "mock location sources for testing" permission makes me suspect it's just been left in from testing.
When it comes to giving unknown software rights to functions on the computer that is generally within 5m of me 24/7, I'm a lot less presumptuous - but then I am a cranky old git ;)
Yet another useful-looking app that I'll never install because of unnecessary permission requests
Yet another useful-looking app that I'll never install because of unnecessary permission requests.
- Mount and unmount filesystems.
- Record audio.
- Take pictures and videos.
Why these are necessary for a glorified email forwarder, I don't know...
I think it's more telling that iPhone users are 50% more likely to have used the internet *before* 1992 :)
So who other than Tim Berners-Lee filled in this survey and had used it back then?...
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom