Re: I always thought he was a bit crazy
@ I ain't Spartacus
Who told you that he is "doing it" in Ukraine. He may have started it, but it does not look like him "doing it" any more.
For starters, Ukraine is bordering to Transdnestr which is:
1. Lawless product of a stale civil war with the mob and illegal weapons trading being the biggest economy contributors
2. Predominantly Russian (despite being in Western Ukraine).
3. Sitting on one of the biggest weapons caches in the region and selling some of it from time to time to other conflicts in the region.
4. Shipping russian nationalism and mercenaries throughout the region the same way Chechen were trading in mercenaries during the previous decade (the Bosnia wars, Afganistan, Middle East).
5. Crimea takeover was organized and executed with Putin "doing it". What is happening now is no longer Crimea.
Add to that every nationalist nuthead (and Russia has quite a few of those) picking up a gun from the closet (Russia has quite of few of those too) and shipping out south-west. Frankly, I do not think he (or anyone) is in control any more.
While I understand the geopolitical motivation of the Eu and USA, what they have done in Kiev is going to bite us in a way compared to which Afganistan and Syria will be nothing.