Because in 2 years' time when you may be looking at a new device, the OS will not be supported. Here are some other great reasons you should upgrade:
1) Graphics for a new PC or your favourite soundcard and other (then deemed to be :-) ) 'legacy devices' will not work properly.
2) The platform will be un-supported and all your mates will be ragging you endlessly for lugging around a laptop.
3) You will have a virtual desktop for work since you can't be trusted with all your fiddling
4) You will be on the same OS as your Dad (See 2) )
5) Windows 10 is higher than Windows 7 and that in itself makes it better
6) Someone ate your cheese