4 posts • joined 3 Aug 2011
Just because it has two wheels and a motor, it doesn't qualify as a motorcycle - otherwise cement mixers would qualify. At best they can be called a motorised vehicle (cement mixers apart)
A moped or a scooter is NOT a motorcycle - that's why they are CALLED mopeds and scooters...
A Motorcycle will always elicit a positive emotional response from a Biker - that, if anything, is why Bikers ride motorcycles..
And - yes, Mopeds and scooters ( and even cement mixers) will elicit an emotional response - but not in a good way
Can I just point out that people who ride scooters are not "Bikers"
Bikers ride motorcycles - always have - always will
Multiple balloons attached to the circumference of a largish light (carbon fibre?) disk that acts as a launch pad (firing up through the balloons)
Attach the main payload some distance below the disk which to act as a stabiliser
Launch it downwards
Assuming sufficient air density for aerodynamic flight and an autonomous flight control system. could you not hang it upside down under the balloon and launch vertically downwards. This makes for a simple release mechanism.
Once in free flight and with sufficient velocity for the Aero surfaces to work, the control system could make a U turn, point the nose to the heavens and go for it.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA