4 posts • joined 3 Aug 2011
Just because it has two wheels and a motor, it doesn't qualify as a motorcycle - otherwise cement mixers would qualify. At best they can be called a motorised vehicle (cement mixers apart)
A moped or a scooter is NOT a motorcycle - that's why they are CALLED mopeds and scooters...
A Motorcycle will always elicit a positive emotional response from a Biker - that, if anything, is why Bikers ride motorcycles..
And - yes, Mopeds and scooters ( and even cement mixers) will elicit an emotional response - but not in a good way
Can I just point out that people who ride scooters are not "Bikers"
Bikers ride motorcycles - always have - always will
Multiple balloons attached to the circumference of a largish light (carbon fibre?) disk that acts as a launch pad (firing up through the balloons)
Attach the main payload some distance below the disk which to act as a stabiliser
Launch it downwards
Assuming sufficient air density for aerodynamic flight and an autonomous flight control system. could you not hang it upside down under the balloon and launch vertically downwards. This makes for a simple release mechanism.
Once in free flight and with sufficient velocity for the Aero surfaces to work, the control system could make a U turn, point the nose to the heavens and go for it.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe