3 posts • joined 13 Jun 2007
Yup, the requirement to key in a (US) ZIP code is really useful for us Brits when we're visiting ...
My memory, circa 1970
As a ~16 year old, playing cricket after school, a flight of 3 (three) rumbled overhead a couple of thousand feet up (rough guesstimate). It certainly held up play as we were absolutely deafened (and they were only cruising too).
If you are dewy-eyed about the Vulcan, you have to read "Vulcan 607" by Rowland White which goes into great detail regarding the mission to bomb the runway at Port Stanley.
Went berserk on my WinXP system
Safari went completely mental on my laptop. Sucked all of the memory out (> 600MB on a 1GB system) which resulted in everything else having no more than 6MB each. It then started see-sawing the memory allocation between 40MB and 220MB. In all this time, it had only managed to display part of the frame/buttons at the top of the window.
I decided to kill the process and de-install. Shame, as I'm a Mac fan but I don't think I'll be letting it close to my M$ systems for some time.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email