1 post • joined 28 Jul 2011
I work in a helldesk. The day after the attack was announced, I said we would be switching from 4 digit pins to 8 character pins. About a week after that, they announced we would be switching. Two days after that, we had 2000 people forced to change. When I sat down to work, we had 125 people in queue for support with the switch. Our RSA system and call queueing system actually crashed that day.
And yet, the company I will not name will not switch from RSA. Rather, they want to switch all ~35k employees to 8 character pins. I suppose it's probably easier to let us poor underpaid helldesk geeks handle it than to just switch to something that works.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?