1 post • joined 28 Jul 2011
I work in a helldesk. The day after the attack was announced, I said we would be switching from 4 digit pins to 8 character pins. About a week after that, they announced we would be switching. Two days after that, we had 2000 people forced to change. When I sat down to work, we had 125 people in queue for support with the switch. Our RSA system and call queueing system actually crashed that day.
And yet, the company I will not name will not switch from RSA. Rather, they want to switch all ~35k employees to 8 character pins. I suppose it's probably easier to let us poor underpaid helldesk geeks handle it than to just switch to something that works.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan