2 posts • joined Friday 22nd July 2011 02:58 GMT
Re: Only in America (or Iran) does it need "Theory" in title "The Big Bang Theory"
"Theory" deserves to be in the title, as it is "The Big Bang Theory". The word theory in science is not just something we think is correct, it is the best expression of the observable facts with regard to a subject. A theory is the highest point in scientific terms. (Well a proof is above that, but it is really restricted to maths)
Not to be confused with the common use of the word to express a semantic theory, which is then muddled up with a hypothesis to create the term, it is just a "theory"
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action