1 post • joined 20 Jul 2011
you folks missed the point
It is a slick docking station in addition to being a beautiful monitor. We have 8 MacBook air/CinemaDisplay setups in our department right now. The biggest complaint we get is that there are too many cords to plug in every morning when users bring in their MacBooks Air. They have to connect magsafe, ethernet, USB, and Firewire 800 (for external hard drives).
This fixes that problem! Now they have to plug in 2 cables. They can handle that.
Show me another display that has Firewire, USB, gig ethernet, Thunderbolt, speakers and a camera for $999 (or any price) and I will be unimpressed by this display too.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'