2 posts • joined 18 Jul 2011
One example app
it always helps to read the fine print
To me, it sounds like they just got a bunch of improperly designed/installed DIMMs. From the paper:
Conclusion 1: We found the incidence of memory errors
and the range of error rates across different DIMMs to be
much higher than previously reported.
Conclusion 4: There is no evidence that newer genera-
tion DIMMs have worse error behavior.
Question is that do you want to pay Intel for ECC for these kind of errors or just make sure the servers DIMMs are with reasonable quality? I bet that reasonable quality DIMM is cheaper than paying tthe Intel ECC (i.e. so called server part) tax.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs