6 posts • joined 18 Jul 2011
Re: What about the deaf folk?
The listenable captcha is completely independent of the text-based one; last time I checked it was a sequence of numbers read out over a noisy background of chatter.
I know what we need: a little ribbon made out of magnetic tape that we can cross over itself and wear with pride!
Not "responsible" for mass.
From the press release: "a lot of the mass of everyday objects comes from the strong interaction we are investigating using the chi b.’
It's like saying "A lot of the mass of people comes from meat, which we are investigating using mice"; meat's involved in both cases, but that doesn't mean we're made of mice.
Not sure how this is different to the bottom eta meson:
Probably not. The QUT article says it works on iodine and caesium - so it probably won't work on uranium.
They're not climatologists.
As the article states, this is only a single input into climate modelling. Particle physicists weighing in directly on Global Warming would be inappropriate, since they wouldn't understand the details of the various climate models this data will go into.
Hopefully in the coming weeks and months we'll see how this affects our view of the climate.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers