1 post • joined 4 Jul 2011
Re Meh & Perl
"Does Perl handle SWIFT or FX or HL7 formatted messages pretty well OOTB at a rate of 100/second with guraranteed delivery of the results?"
Let's separate this:
- SWIFT or FX or HL7. Yes, though the libraries are not AFAIK open source.
- Out of the box. No. Perl or Python or pick your general purpose programming language is a tool, not a product, there is assembly required.
- Rate of 100/second. Yes. This is not even a significant rate for message transformation. Interesting starts at 500-1000/second per process depending on the transformation and the transport.
- Guaranteed delivery. Yes. You want a transactional message system, pick WMQ, AMQP, Tibco EMS.
The short answer is, "Yes. All day long. I make a living at it." The really short answer is "Hell, yes" :)
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Researcher sat on critical IE bugs for THREE YEARS