Blackberry don't deserve to be in the market...
I owned the Blackberry Z10 from initial launch. I was prepared to dump my iPhone 4 (becoming awful at holding calls in low signal areas). Initially, the Z10 was quite a nice device. Okay design, sturdy and probably ahead of the Samsung generation of phones. But then I discovered some horrible stuff...
- Phone app was buggy (couldn't return to home if the screen locked mid-call)
- Account settings (like e-mail etc) would forget the password frequently
- Although I was willing to wait for the big apps (Spotify, a native Skype app etc) never came. Only Angry Birds was announced this week over 18 months since BB10 was launched to developers.
- Some features were misadvertised (Balance which split work/home apps and content)
- Updates have been very slow to fix issues (10.2 is still not out there and carrier's blocked 10.1 with a immediate release on some networks - don't make promises and not deliver)
Blackberry never grew a pair of balls to take control of their inventory and update mechanisms. Then the final blow for me when is when they released a 99xx phone with BBOS7 2 months back. What!? Okay, support the phones out there, but it was BBOS7 that rotted Blackberry's core.
The sleeping giant along side Nokia. If Blackberry had gone Android (as a medium term project) at least, maybe they'd of saved themselves.
Anyway, farewell Blackberry. My new iPhone 5C serves me well.