7 posts • joined Friday 1st July 2011 14:08 GMT
Re: Why so slow?
Because the mighty nuclear power plant produces a whole 100W of power, so it isn't rushing anywhere. And the rocket blast might have uncovered something interesting.
Re: Patent lawyers... IN SPAAACE!
This could be a major breakthrough in propulsion technology, a mass driver using patent lawers as reaction mass.
Arthur C Clark again
Reminds me of one of Arthur C Clark's ideas
One of his characters wore a heart monitor that would make announcements like "I think you should take it easy", "you should lie down and rest", "I have radioed for assistance, an ambulance will be here soon" and "if anyone can hear this please assist"
I thought it was a pretty cool idea for the 1970s
If you can't take the heat
It might be nice to have a mega battery in your pocket, but how do you use a phone with a 50W processor without resorting to oven gloves.
Power is an issue for desktop and server machines as well, mainly because of the cooling problem.
You sir are a genius, I take my hat off to you
This could be the chance for the humble goldfish to take it's rightful place as the arch villain's most terrifying weapon
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout