7 posts • joined 1 Jul 2011
Re: Why so slow?
Because the mighty nuclear power plant produces a whole 100W of power, so it isn't rushing anywhere. And the rocket blast might have uncovered something interesting.
Re: Patent lawyers... IN SPAAACE!
This could be a major breakthrough in propulsion technology, a mass driver using patent lawers as reaction mass.
Arthur C Clark again
Reminds me of one of Arthur C Clark's ideas
One of his characters wore a heart monitor that would make announcements like "I think you should take it easy", "you should lie down and rest", "I have radioed for assistance, an ambulance will be here soon" and "if anyone can hear this please assist"
I thought it was a pretty cool idea for the 1970s
If you can't take the heat
It might be nice to have a mega battery in your pocket, but how do you use a phone with a 50W processor without resorting to oven gloves.
Power is an issue for desktop and server machines as well, mainly because of the cooling problem.
You sir are a genius, I take my hat off to you
This could be the chance for the humble goldfish to take it's rightful place as the arch villain's most terrifying weapon
Since the plan to shrink lasers isn't going too well I think more effort should go into breeding larger sharks
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER