7 posts • joined 1 Jul 2011
Re: Why so slow?
Because the mighty nuclear power plant produces a whole 100W of power, so it isn't rushing anywhere. And the rocket blast might have uncovered something interesting.
Re: Patent lawyers... IN SPAAACE!
This could be a major breakthrough in propulsion technology, a mass driver using patent lawers as reaction mass.
Arthur C Clark again
Reminds me of one of Arthur C Clark's ideas
One of his characters wore a heart monitor that would make announcements like "I think you should take it easy", "you should lie down and rest", "I have radioed for assistance, an ambulance will be here soon" and "if anyone can hear this please assist"
I thought it was a pretty cool idea for the 1970s
If you can't take the heat
It might be nice to have a mega battery in your pocket, but how do you use a phone with a 50W processor without resorting to oven gloves.
Power is an issue for desktop and server machines as well, mainly because of the cooling problem.
You sir are a genius, I take my hat off to you
This could be the chance for the humble goldfish to take it's rightful place as the arch villain's most terrifying weapon
Since the plan to shrink lasers isn't going too well I think more effort should go into breeding larger sharks
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...