7 posts • joined 1 Jul 2011
Re: Why so slow?
Because the mighty nuclear power plant produces a whole 100W of power, so it isn't rushing anywhere. And the rocket blast might have uncovered something interesting.
Re: Patent lawyers... IN SPAAACE!
This could be a major breakthrough in propulsion technology, a mass driver using patent lawers as reaction mass.
Arthur C Clark again
Reminds me of one of Arthur C Clark's ideas
One of his characters wore a heart monitor that would make announcements like "I think you should take it easy", "you should lie down and rest", "I have radioed for assistance, an ambulance will be here soon" and "if anyone can hear this please assist"
I thought it was a pretty cool idea for the 1970s
If you can't take the heat
It might be nice to have a mega battery in your pocket, but how do you use a phone with a 50W processor without resorting to oven gloves.
Power is an issue for desktop and server machines as well, mainly because of the cooling problem.
You sir are a genius, I take my hat off to you
This could be the chance for the humble goldfish to take it's rightful place as the arch villain's most terrifying weapon
Since the plan to shrink lasers isn't going too well I think more effort should go into breeding larger sharks
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan