7 posts • joined Tuesday 28th June 2011 13:22 GMT
In Russia, kettle taps into you!
Perhaps I'm missing something but
"one of the largest solar flares to come hurtling towards Earth in the past five years"
doesn't seem like a significant event to me. Five years is not a long period of time - surely the normal variation of solar flare size means that such a flare is to be expected. And this is just 'one of the largest' - not *the* largest, so it is presumably even less significant for that reason.
Who says they are not already amongst us?
So some researchers used their imagination to make up some arbitrary criteria to define how 'catchy' a song is, and then used the said criteria to make a quasi-scientific statement in a likely attempt to gain publicity.
Why is this being reported as news?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16