7 posts • joined 28 Jun 2011
In Russia, kettle taps into you!
Perhaps I'm missing something but
"one of the largest solar flares to come hurtling towards Earth in the past five years"
doesn't seem like a significant event to me. Five years is not a long period of time - surely the normal variation of solar flare size means that such a flare is to be expected. And this is just 'one of the largest' - not *the* largest, so it is presumably even less significant for that reason.
Who says they are not already amongst us?
So some researchers used their imagination to make up some arbitrary criteria to define how 'catchy' a song is, and then used the said criteria to make a quasi-scientific statement in a likely attempt to gain publicity.
Why is this being reported as news?
FTL not the only option for long-distance travel
How about folding space for example?
letters and/or digits
It's a mouse trap!
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats