4 posts • joined 21 Jun 2011
Re: That's nice then
Re: Fucking numpties.
Key in on the last two words of your post. "Modern world" carries with it implicit access to technology and non-government controlled access to the Web. For much of the world outside the Americas, Europe , Japan and Oceania, that is not the case.
Re: Its a MMORPG !
Diablo II, Neverwinter Nights.
Update your knowledge
Have you even looked at the last few generations of mainframe hardware? About the size of a large refrigerator. Environmentals are not what they were even 15 years ago. Go do some reading before spouting obsolete nonsense.
A mainframe running VM, hosting dozens or hundreds of Linux servers is orders of magnitude less footprint, less electricity, less cooling, less administrative overhead. The system management tools and the reliability of a mainframe have other platforms drooling in envy.
Museum piece? Hardly.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth