13 posts • joined Tuesday 14th June 2011 13:19 GMT
Re: Asimov - Marooned off Vesta!
Ah yes... :)
Time to google it and refresh my memory!
Asimov - Marooned off Vesta!
I can't quite remember (I read the book decades ago...) isn't this anopticon? Or was that something else...
Ahh, this takes me back to when I read David Brin's 'Sundiver'.They used a 'refrigeration laser' to escape the heart of the sun by cryogenically freezing the ship... (if memory serves me correctly... it's been a couple of decades since I read it...)
A country run by bearded religious lunatics that are trying to build a nuclear bomb?
I really can't fault the Yanks on this one!
Thanks to Keith Kennedy for the tip-off. I think I need a stiff brandy now, taken with my legs firmly crossed, and our male readers are invited to join me."
Not so much a 'tip off' more a 'nad off'!!!
Missing the point!
I think you’re all missing the point here. Imagine a family of diggers moved into your street. You wouldn’t be happy about it, would you? And where there’s one family of diggers, there’s usually more diggers. Before you know it, the whole area is overrun with diggers, your house it worth nothing and your car has been stolen.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?