3 posts • joined 8 Jun 2011
Sounds like my house in West Sussex. Apart from the pine trees and the .5 meg Virgin broadband (on a good day).
Still, I'm glad Sir Richard's got a fast space plane and hangs out with the cool kids like Usain the Fast.
We get 454Kb - albeit 7 kms from the exchange.
Thankfully, Virgin provides the service, and BT doesn't bill us at all (BT is the absolute worst company in the world, of any company, of any type, btw, which spends money on making sales and then provides perpetually sh*t service).
Even if technology can't deliver faster over copper, I've only ever had good customer service from Virgin when leaves/trees/snow/crossed wires have interrupted things.
Point = missed. That is just the current _implementation_ of the technology.
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers