3 posts • joined 8 Jun 2011
Sounds like my house in West Sussex. Apart from the pine trees and the .5 meg Virgin broadband (on a good day).
Still, I'm glad Sir Richard's got a fast space plane and hangs out with the cool kids like Usain the Fast.
We get 454Kb - albeit 7 kms from the exchange.
Thankfully, Virgin provides the service, and BT doesn't bill us at all (BT is the absolute worst company in the world, of any company, of any type, btw, which spends money on making sales and then provides perpetually sh*t service).
Even if technology can't deliver faster over copper, I've only ever had good customer service from Virgin when leaves/trees/snow/crossed wires have interrupted things.
Point = missed. That is just the current _implementation_ of the technology.
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence