2 posts • joined Wednesday 1st June 2011 15:36 GMT
Monitor the Datacenter Yes - but don't forget the end user - they are the ones using the Apps
I am just getting into the world of Application SLAs etc.. and it strikes me that all the energy still seems to be spent on monitoring the datacenter, the network, the servers and the apps when the actual objective should be to measure how the application is performing at the end user level.
This is especially true with applications being delivered via the cloud/VDI etc...
Can someone explain why so little is written about this and why none of the big boys (HP/BMC etc..) seem to have an offering in this space.
I have been looking at a company called Aternity (www.aternity.com) which looks interesting but I am just intrigued as to why it seems such a neglected part of IT.
There are other technologies out there
Just as an FYI there are some other specialist encapulation technologies out there. Instafree for example is now really focussing on virtualising IE.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support