Wait until we know these 7 facts
Here’s what the world so far doesn’t know:
1. Whether Manning will plead guilty or innocent;
2. What Manning did (if anything);
3. What the evidence proves (if anything);
4. What the damages are (if any) and who got hurt (if anyone);
5. Why he did what he did (if he did anything at all);
6. Why U.S. Marine Corps prison officials refused to let Private Manning have any confidential visits with either U.S. Congressional Representative Dennis Kucinich (Democrat, Ohio) or United Nations Human Rights Council Special Rapporteur For Torture Juan Mendez; and
7. How the long delay in levying charges — and the year of inhumane detainment without trial — affect this case.
Everyone should stop making accusations of guilt, stop declaring innocence, and stop making various assumptions until after the 7 facts above are well known and well understood.