2 posts • joined 12 May 2011
You're kidding right?
There's loads of stuff to consider when writing a distributed system - too many people rely on things like singletons, have very poor threading design etc. to be able to deploy any kind of truly scalable system (simple stuff, sure) to a cloud.
I'm finding scala + akka is really working for me - takes a thinking switch though
This is great news
I converted to Scala a year ago and haven't looked back (after being a Java dev for 10 years). The HUGE benefit is that you don't need to convert all at once since you can call all your Java code from scala (and vice versa).
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY