2 posts • joined 12 May 2011
You're kidding right?
There's loads of stuff to consider when writing a distributed system - too many people rely on things like singletons, have very poor threading design etc. to be able to deploy any kind of truly scalable system (simple stuff, sure) to a cloud.
I'm finding scala + akka is really working for me - takes a thinking switch though
This is great news
I converted to Scala a year ago and haven't looked back (after being a Java dev for 10 years). The HUGE benefit is that you don't need to convert all at once since you can call all your Java code from scala (and vice versa).
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...