2 posts • joined 12 May 2011
You're kidding right?
There's loads of stuff to consider when writing a distributed system - too many people rely on things like singletons, have very poor threading design etc. to be able to deploy any kind of truly scalable system (simple stuff, sure) to a cloud.
I'm finding scala + akka is really working for me - takes a thinking switch though
This is great news
I converted to Scala a year ago and haven't looked back (after being a Java dev for 10 years). The HUGE benefit is that you don't need to convert all at once since you can call all your Java code from scala (and vice versa).
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS