1 post • joined 3 May 2011
OS updates and Torch not having OS7
RIM updates their OS's fairly regularly and releases them to the carries to deploy.
It's the carriers themselves that "hold back" the releasing of the newer OS's for whatever reason (testing purposes, they want to force people to buy newer phones, etc...)
If you do a little searching you should be able to figure out how to get the most current OS on your Blackberry pretty easily.
But even if you got a Torch a few months ago, it was released quite a while back so I don't think its unreasonable to think that the newer OS7 is not supported.
Its like buying a clearance model year car and complaining that it doesn't have the current model features...
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests