1 post • joined 3 May 2011
OS updates and Torch not having OS7
RIM updates their OS's fairly regularly and releases them to the carries to deploy.
It's the carriers themselves that "hold back" the releasing of the newer OS's for whatever reason (testing purposes, they want to force people to buy newer phones, etc...)
If you do a little searching you should be able to figure out how to get the most current OS on your Blackberry pretty easily.
But even if you got a Torch a few months ago, it was released quite a while back so I don't think its unreasonable to think that the newer OS7 is not supported.
Its like buying a clearance model year car and complaining that it doesn't have the current model features...
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC