4 posts • joined 28 Apr 2011
Someone should inform...
The Inland Revenue ;-)
To be honest I was extremely surprised about the comments re Florien Muller.
I've read his blog for several years and always found him to be pretty bang on the money. Given that he makes money from his consulting work; rather than his journalism; I would imagine that it's more important for him than most bloggers to be accurate in his analysis since that's how (and he is clear about this) he picks up his consulting jobs.
I'm also a long time register reader and haven't failed to spot that you are much more friendly when your big advertisers (Rackspace for example) have an epic fail than you are with other companies with whom you have no commercial relationship.
I've also never seen a Reg article with a 'Rackspace (or insert other advertiser name) pay my wages' disclaimer (which is always what you see with Mr Muller).
I think there are several orders of magnitude of error at only 6m USD.
Still it's probably a few orders of magnitude less of a problem than disclosing your complete subscriber list :-)
Presumably this was an ad for rackspace (everyone's favorite sponsor of el reg) rather than actual news.
Since, indeed, it isn't in fact news.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…