3 posts • joined 25 Apr 2011
GPS does not like LightSquared
It's not just "skepticism" that LightSquared interferes with GPS, it has in fact been proven to be the case. But who needs GPS, anyway? I mean, it's only used by the military...and sat nav units...and surveying equipment...and farm equipment. Oh, and that little thing called "NextGen Air Traffic Control", which will be using GPS to all but completely replace radar as the primary means of keeping aircraft away from each other.
Maybe the FCC should have thought their little plan through to give away spectrum frequencies so close to a critical infrastructure...
People actually took this post seriously? I took it as tongue-in-cheek, given the number of !...
The naysayers said it was stupid of Nintendo to have the Wii only support 480p while the others were 1080i or p, and yet it was still a money machine for them. I doubt this will sway potential buys that much.
Besides, how is that any different than any other next-gen console announcement?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base