3 posts • joined 10 Nov 2006
I actually think killing projects is a sign of a healthy open source community. Not every idea is a great idea that succeeds. A mature open source community realizes this and has a process for end of life. This is what we have done for these projects.
btw, here is a list of other projects we have archived. http://www.eclipse.org/technology/archived.php
Not an official statement
I hate to disappoint but the content on my blog represent my personal opinion, not the official position of the Eclipse Foundation.
Director of Marketing
I would like to clarify IBM's representation on the Eclipse Board of Dirctors. IBM is only guaranteed 1 seat on the board, like all of our Strategic Members. It is true IBM has additional representation on the Board but this by the virtue that IBM employees were voted as an elected committer representatives. In fact, BEA is another company that has multiple employees on the board since one of the 4 committer reps is a BEA employee.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs