3 posts • joined Thursday 14th April 2011 18:25 GMT
Battery life and heat on mine was massively improved by installing a custom kernel and undervolting. It seems a number of people found there is a massive margin for reducing cpu voltage. Hopefully Google tweak things a bit in a future update for those not happy with flashing kernels/roms.
Re: bit worried...
This for me is one of the biggest complaints I have. there are people who ordered 28th+ who haven't had any confirmations but people who ordered like you at a later date got them within a few days.
Delays due to lack of stock, high demand I understand but for newwer orders to be processed before existing preorders if shamefully incompetent.
Glad for you that you benefitted from googles incompetence though.
Can buy it just not from amazon
As far as I know Comet are still selling them. I think its just amazons availability that has been delayed.
Shipping from comet when I ordered it yesterday was at 7 days though where before it had next day delivery available. I think Asus may just have prioritized stock for companies that currently sell it.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE