3 posts • joined 12 Apr 2011
Re: "Intel Graphics Core"
If I may elaborate on Intel graphics core ...
Intel HD graphics are pretty good. Those that they package into the Atom chips, the mobile ones in particular, are garbage. They may look good in demos and on paper but Intel perpetually fails to provide drivers needed to support HW acceleration in a Windows environment. There is ALWAYS something that either doesn't work or works only with outdated APIs.
...is advertised as 256 levels. In reality there are about 6 due to the (poor) design of the mechanical pressure sensor in the N-trig Digital Pencil.
Until Intel and AMD produce a real SoC, they will not compete in the tablet space.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity