3 posts • joined 7 Apr 2011
Note who they WON'T sue
They don't go after anyone that they think will challenge them: not Red Hat, not IBM, not Google, etc... all with far more widespread use of Linux. And more $$ if Microsoft wins.
But they know that when someone takes them to court rather than knuckling under, then they'll have to disclose their patents, and that's the first step to either invalidating them or working around them. Then they lose their FUD which is far more valuable to them than the patents.
Ghandi's wisdom proven yet again
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
Probably not many
Very few routers use ISC DHCP. Almost all of them use a smaller, more feature-ful open source utility (dnsmasq) which does not only DHCP but also proxy DNS. Mmm. Good stuff.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE