1 post • joined 8 Jun 2007
I hardly think so
My English buddy has repeatedly over the years talked about how British professionals get 4 weeks or more standard vacation which doesn't include Bank and Stat holidays. Try living in the real world with 15 days vacation (or less) and 10 Stats. That's it.
Besides 48 hour weeks of maybe 6-8 hour productive days still only adds up to 40 hours at best.
Also considering the AVERAGE commute time for a Brit to get to work is a lot less than those of us in places in Canada and the US who travel an hour or more one way: that's 2+ hours a day for those who are mathematically challenged.
I'm just not feeling any sympathy.
At least the non-professional generally gets paid (possibly with overtime) for the extra hours they work.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK