2 posts • joined 25 Mar 2011
OK, so let's give the list makers the benefit of the doubt and assume their way of looking at gaming isn't the same as we hardcore, or even medium-core, players. In that case, you'd have to put Mark Zuckerberg above Jobs. Number of iPhones sold - about 108 million as of March this year (total number of users, probably not as high as that). Number of Facebook accounts - 800 million. Facebook has introduced more people to casual gaming than iPhones ever did.
Second, Berners-Lee. Amazing chap, but he didn't invent the Internet, of course, over which many games are played. He only invented the WWW, on which many Flash games are played. And remember he fought against the introduction of an image tag to HTML as he thought it would trivialise his academic invention. Presumably he would therefore also have been against Farmville.
Just a couple of thoughts. Pleased to see Newell on the list though, but it's meaningless without Carmack.
Driving me to Apple
Argh. I really don't want to get an iPad 2 - I hate iTunes, I want Flash, I don't want to be locked down, and (less importantly) I was looking to keep up my streak of never owning an Apple product. But all the Android tablet makers seem to be doing their hardest to push me on to iOS. Why Samsung? Why can't we have your lovely product?
/cries into porridge
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it